I only got into 0AD a couple of months back, and here’s a serious free update 🙂
Full details here: webupd8
Notable changes in 0 A.D. Alpha 17 “Quercus”:
- Major Core Combat Rebalance:
- if you send only one unit type to battle, it fares poorly against regiments of the same size that mix more than one type, e.g. melee and ranged units;
- technologies as a whole have been made more expensive and unrelated technologies have been “unpaired”;
- some stats have been adjusted to make training some units viable
- buildings are now a bit easier to destroy;
- formations were removed temporarily, but they will be reimplemented again some point, in a more balanced way.
- Naval map support: the computer opponent now uses transport ships to colonize other islands and attack enemy bases, but naval combat (i.e. ships against ships) is not yet implemented;
- Units On Walls: Units can be garrisoned in wall segments, and appear on the walls at predefined prop points;
- Users can now view profiles of other players from within the lobby;
- 2 new maps: a Oasis (skirmish map) and Schwarzwald (random map);
- Implemented triggers: A “trigger” makes an action occur in the game if a specified event takes place;
- A new Mod Selector allows users to enable or disable mods, save them or just restart into them to test them out. This way, it is a lot easier to test and play mods. This can be reached at: Main Menu -> Tools & Options -> Mod Selection. Also, modders can now easily make small changes to the game without having to copy and modify many files.