Heaps of bug fixes, but it was the new features that motivated me to load up my last save point:
- Legendary difficulty setting
- Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.
Sweet, no longer limited to level 81, could skills once legendary rise beyond 100? It turns out not, but still heaps of fun to be had.
After applying the patch I chose a couple of skills that I think I’ll be able to bring back quickly; One-handed and Restoration. This, as mentioned above, drops the skill level to 15, and drops all allocated skill points back ready for allocation.
I checked out my outstanding mission list, to find quest The Ebony Warrior close to the top, bonza! This dude is practically immortal, think he’s the hardest mofo in Skyrim, second only to the Dragonborn… he even has shouts ffs
Details here: wiki Ebony Warrior
I added my collected quotes to the wiki, first for me, see if they’re kept?
- “Show me that you are the hero they say you are!”
- “At last… Sovngarde” (upon death)
- “I am the ebony warrior.”
- “Hit me harder.”
- “That’s the spirit.”
- “That’s the best you can do?”
- “That’s it? That’s all you’ve got?”
- “That’s your best huh?”
- “Is that the best you can do?”
- “This is what you want huh?”
- “Argh! Enough! This ends now!”
- “Time to finish this”
- “Do your worst!”
- “You can’t win this!”
- “I’m going to… put you down!”
- “Going to cry now, huh?”
- “Son of a…”
- “Weren’t expecting that were you?”
- “Lucky hit!”
- “Enough of this!”
- “I’ll have your head!”
- “Not impressed”
- “Just stand still”
- “It’s… nothing!”
After finding the ‘Ebony Warrior’ & hearing a few of the slogans he shouted at me, one other famous encounter came to mind, who else could this be satire of?
Monty Python And The Holy Grail- The Black Knight
Satire of satire, gotta love it 🙂
So facing the Ebony Warrior my one-handed skill was rising, and with it, although at a slower rate, was my healing abilities…. and this got me thinking.
To heal, I must be taking hits, and each time I’m hit my armour is tested!
So my light armour was the next skill to go legendary, and it shot through the ranks quickly. IIRC the first hit took me up 2 levels 🙂
Following the armor route, block was the next skill to downgrade to 15, but shot back to 100 in no time against the warrior.